POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vaxis_rotate (A,B,F) ? : vaxis_rotate (A,B,F) ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  vaxis_rotate (A,B,F) ?
From: Robert Kirkpatrick
Date: 19 Nov 1999 09:44:31
Message: <3835624f@news.povray.org>
Greetings,

    So I want to rotate an object  on an axis that I declare, without having
to adjust for length. For instance I have an object that's called LeftArm.
It is the union of two cylinders, and I would like to rotate it around the
vector previously #declared as LeftShoulder.

    From reading the Vector Functions Page of the help documentation, I
think vaxis_rotate() will perform this for me, but I haven't been able to
make it work . Unfortunately there are no examples on this topic that I
could find.

How can I do what I am trying to do? Could you give some working examples?

Thanks so much,

Robert

--
ill### [at] arinet