POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : groupe francophone 3d-pov : Re: groupe francophone 3d-pov Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: groupe francophone 3d-pov
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 19 Nov 1999 08:55:44
Message: <383556e0@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
> Rudolphe mentioned in the group that the equipment
> for the server is showing signs of aging and is pretty sick right
> now - I think his words were that it's legs are getting tired but
> that may have been a translation error :)

Original message + rough translation

> petite explication.

coup

> a+
> Rodolphe

In English (or so I hope)
] quick explanation.
] if I understood correctly, the server has moved on its little legs and
(therefore it)
] is now tired and has difficulties restarting.
] see you
] Rodolphe

A quick French lesson:
* The absence of a neutral ("it") in French means object 'humanisation' is
more natural in that language. In French, a server is male ("un serveur"),
so an other translation is ". the server has moved on his little legs and
now he is tired.".
* "A+" is an short hand for "A plus tard"(see you later) -> "A plus" ->
"A+"; just like "before"->"b4". I could have written "c u" (see you) but I
do not know if that is understandable.

So... tired legs...

Philippe