POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imagemap MapType : Re: Imagemap MapType Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagemap MapType
From: Charles
Date: 18 Nov 1999 22:08:04
Message: <3834BE50.59226F95@enter.net>
Sergio wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to apply an imagemap to a box but there isn't an box maptype
> avaible.
> If I use planar maptype the other faces aren't mapped correctly.
>
> How can I do this?
> How can I suggest to the PovTeam a new feature?

While you are waiting for the new feature<g> here is a technique
I've used for such an effect. It has been suggested you make a box
out of intersected planes, or polygons, but this technique is
more automated, and also works to apply box-like mapping (or any
texturing) on more complex shapes.

The general explanation can be found at...
http://www.enter.net/~cfusner/tutorial/ch08.html

If this technique sounds like it would work for you, there's an
INC file available from the link at the bottom of the page which
helps apply the technique in general form.