POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inexplicable shadow? : Re: Inexplicable shadow? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inexplicable shadow?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Nov 1999 19:10:26
Message: <38349625.6E475A83@compuserve.com>
>Or a compiler specific problem.<
I used CodeWarrior to compile my versions, and POV-RayUnofficial is also
compiled with CodeWarrior, as is the official version. So it probably
isn't CodeWarrior. :-)

>Does everyone use CodeWarrior to compile Mac programs or are there
others available ?<

Probably most Mac programmers who have the money use CodeWarrior, but it
is an expensive development environment. I was able to get it for $99
because I am a student, but the non-academic edition costs a lot
more.(There is also a ~$70 "Discover Programming" version. I am not sure
what the full, non-academic version costs, you could check the web
site.)

There is also Apple's MPW(Macintosh Programmers Workshop) which is free
for download(and included with CodeWarrior). MPW is probably the most
versatile, but CodeWarrior is easier to use.(MPW has a UNIX-like
interface and uses makefiles, CodeWarrior uses "projects")

There may be some people still using "ThinkC"(or something similar,
can't remember the exact name). I think it was Symantec who made this,
it was dropped a while ago and is quite out of date.
There are probably quite a few others, but I don't know of any.