POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mention of povray in Animation Magazine : Re: Mention of povray in Animation Magazine Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mention of povray in Animation Magazine
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 17 Nov 1999 20:29:23
Message: <38335673@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote:
> PC-Actual did 6 page article on POV and include files (mostly the
great
> Colefax suite of includes) in April, 98.  Too bad I don't know
spanish, so I
> can't read the article.  (But they mentioned my lens flare and were
nice
> enough to send me a copy of the magazine.)

I seem to remember giving my consent (by email) for this, although
unfortunately I never received a copy of the printed magazine.  I also
consented to appear (along with Gilles) in the UK PC Review - once
again, I've no idea what actually got printed, if anything!

I do, however, have some pages from the French Pixel magazine (sent by
Luc Danneel in Nice) which favourably compare POV (used with Dave
Govoni's particle system and my Object Exploder) with Lightwave and
other renderers.  And ironically I first discovered POV-Ray (version
2.2) on the cover of PC-Format (which, as the POV-Ray docs point out,
was in flagrant violation of the POV distribution license granted by the
POV-Team, and which led to a complete ban on Future Publishing
distributing POV-Ray in any way...oh well!).