POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray problem : Re: Povray problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray problem
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 17 Nov 1999 15:48:38
Message: <383314a6@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt <the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote :
> > Bill
> >
> > Restart the machine in Dos, delete the the swap fine and
> > then restart, the OS will rebuild it's driver database, this
> > may fix it, it's fixed strange things for me in the past.

    Nope. Just to be sure I tried uninstalling Povray, quitting and deleting
the swapfile, then reinstalling Povray. No help.

    Odd, though. I expected that when I restarted windows I would get a
message that said it was rebuilding it's driver database, similar to what
happens when you install new hardware.