POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray problem : Re: Povray problem Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray problem
From: omniVERSE
Date: 15 Nov 1999 17:06:14
Message: <383083d6@news.povray.org>
I would guess you had also done a reinstall of your OS if the hard drive was
redone?  If not, like POV-Ray was on a secondary disk, maybe your registry
file has been rendered nearly useless (rendered, sorry, not trying to be
funny) and needs to be thrown out and a new one put in.  Or perhaps
something less drastic is still possible, though I know not what.

Bob

Bill DeWitt <the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote :
> >
> > First time I have heard this one Bill. Can you be a little more specific
> > about what is preventing you from running POV-Ray such as any warnings
> > or behaviors you are witnessing ?
> >

> Well it just locks up and won't even let me use <ctrl+alt+del> to get out.
>
>     The specifics are these: Although I have re-installed everything since
> my recent hard-drive death, Povray was working almost properly since then.
> had a problem with the help file returning a error so I un-installed
Povray,
> deleted the directory and any reference to povray in the registry then
> downloaded another copy of povwin3.exe from povray.org and installed it.
It