POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Perspective Grid : Re: Perspective Grid Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:56:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective Grid
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 9 Nov 1999 15:24:58
Message: <382882EF.322CB715@enst.fr>
Ken wrote:

> "Jerome M. BERGER" wrote:
>
> >         I haven't, but if I were to do one, I'd use a plane with a gradient
> > layered texture, like:
>
> I would recommend a thin box instead of a plane because the bounding is more
> efficient and they render faster.

	You're right, but then I would use a very *thick* hollow box instead
(btw the plane should be hollow too). It should be thick enough so that
the bottom edge is below everything in the scene. A thin box would
increase the trace level (and therefore the render time) a lot...

		Jerome

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *