POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Perspective Grid : Re: Perspective Grid Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:07:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perspective Grid
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 9 Nov 1999 14:23:54
Message: <382874A4.6BE6D50C@enst.fr>
David Vincent-Jones wrote:

> I have been putting a perspective grid in my scene that floats just clear of
> the floor.
> I use it as a visual measuring tool in the final image.
> Currently I have used a grid composed of small cylinders but find that the
> processing time is substantial and I am looking for an alternate idea.
> Has anybody made a similar grid?

	I haven't, but if I were to do one, I'd use a plane with a gradient
layered texture, like:

texture {
  pigment {
    gradient x
    pigment_map {
      [ 0.9 color rgbf 0 transmit 1 ]
      [ 0.9 color Blue ]
    }
  }
}
texture {
  pigment {
    gradient z
    color_map {
      [ 0.9 color rgbf 0 transmit 1 ]
      [ 0.9 color Blue ]
    }
  }
}

		Jerome

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *