POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lost macro request : Re: Another Lost macro request Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Lost macro request
From: Ron Parker
Date: 9 Nov 1999 09:13:04
Message: <38282bf0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:01:25 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:
>Next question, is there anyway to get the name of the file that is being
>parsed and #declare it as a text string to be read in that file? So that I
>can lable my images with the file name without having to type it in
>everytime I render an incremented file name?

You could certainly put it in the same file you're putting the time in.
If you make it an argument to the batch file, you can output it to the
file and run the script without having to type it twice, e.g.:

@echo off
echo " > gottime.txt
echo | more | time | find "Current" >> gottime.txt
echo "; >> gottime.txt
echo " >> gottime.txt
echo %1 >>gottime.txt
echo "; >>gottime.txt
c:\progra~1\pov-ra~1.1\bin\pvengine.exe /render %1
exit

The original version of this batch file doesn't work on NT, by the
way, so I haven't been able to test it.