POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone remember the Jack Coaster? : Re: Anyone remember the Jack Coaster? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:00:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone remember the Jack Coaster?
From: Ken
Date: 9 Nov 1999 05:29:47
Message: <3827F799.E4D2F751@pacbell.net>
"Michael (Micksa) Slade" wrote:

> If anyone can remember as far back as PC Format issue 28 (don't know why
> I remember that number), that issue has an old version of povray on the
> magdisk, along with the scene file for Mike Millers Jack Coaster scene,
> which was also on the cover.
>
> It is that magazine that got me into raytracing :)
>
> I'd like to render that scene, just for the hell of it.  Problem is, I
> appear to have lost the contents of the magdisk (I thought I moved it to
> a CD but I can't find it anywhere).
>
> Does anyone, perchance, have that scene file?  Or does anyone know Mike
> Miller's email? :)
>
> Mick.

I have two "Jack" scenes. One is an original of Mike Millers called Jack6
which is the image of Jack in a box with snails and a magic lamp. The second
is called jackodat which is based on Mike's work and features Jack and
a Jack-O-Lantern. I have never rendered this last one and do know what
it contains. You should be aware they are based on either DKBTrace or
an early version of POV-Ray v1.0 or maybe earlier and will require some
serious reformating to use with any newer version of POV-Ray.

 If you want these files let me know.