POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with media density patterns : Re: Problems with media density patterns Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:59:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with media density patterns
From: Chris Huff
Date: 6 Nov 1999 14:01:24
Message: <38247BA4.7A462587@compuserve.com>
Thanks. The documentation needs to be updated. Here is a quote from the
section explaining media density(page 283):
"For block pattern types checker , hexagon , and brick  you may specify
a color list such as this:   density{checker rgb<1,0,0>, rgb<0,0,0>}"

On the next page, it explains the correct method, but says it is an
optional way of specifying whole densities for the pattern.
I had just read the first part, figured it was correct, and went on to
be blocked by that error message.
And isn't this a bit inconsistant? You can use color_maps with other
patterns, why not a color list with the list patterns? I would fix it to
allow the same syntax to be used, but I can't figure out what the code
is doing. :-(