POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with media density patterns : Problems with media density patterns Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with media density patterns
From: Chris Huff
Date: 6 Nov 1999 13:20:29
Message: <3824720D.E00DEC03@compuserve.com>
While testing my new object pattern I ran into a problem where list
patterns don't seem to work in media. I tried it in the official
version(POV-Ray Mac version 3.1g.r1) with the same results.

When I use the colors after the checker keyword, I get:
    error: No matching } in density, color found instead.

If I remove the color statements, I get:
    error: Missing pigment

Here is the media code I was using:
        media {
            emission color rgb < 0.5, 0.1, 1>*0.5
            intervals 1 samples 10, 10
            variance 1/128 confidence 0.9
            density {checker color rgb <1,0,0> color rgb <0,0,0>}
        }

Am I just doing this wrong, or is there a bug in POV-Ray? I looked
through the source code, but so far have not succeeded in figuring out
what is going on.