POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Simple trick for getting different random numbers in each render : Re: Simple trick for getting different random numbers in each render Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:02:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple trick for getting different random numbers in each render
From: omniVERSE
Date: 31 Oct 1999 07:42:42
Message: <381c3942@news.povray.org>
I was neglecting the fact about multiple renders, wouldn't be the same then.
Sorry about my confusion. Okay guys you can put the straightjacket back on
me now, through typing.
Think someone brought this up before... if by trying to supply a very small
or large number, then getting integer of some math done on it might return a
different number each time due to inaccuracies. That way it could be used as
the seed ( ) and no need to store one outside of POV.
I've tried it just now though and it doesn't seem possible.

Bob