POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Simple trick for getting different random numbers in each render : Re: Simple trick for getting different random numbers in each render Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple trick for getting different random numbers in each render
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Nov 1999 05:50:28
Message: <381EC28E.D413C619@yahoo.com>
The only situation I can think of is where you want a bunch of different
versions of an object. In that case I simply seed the stream with a
large number multiplied by clock.

#declare globalRandStream = seed(50000*clock);

Then I just make an animation of it, and pick out the good versions.

Not saying this is better or anything, just the way I do it.