POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oficina '99 : Re: History: was Re: Oficina '99 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: History: was Re: Oficina '99
From: Steve
Date: 29 Oct 1999 23:50:25
Message: <381A526F.91ACAE91@ndirect.co.uk>
I was made aware of POV by a friend who had an Amiga and was
using Imagine and Real3D, he told me that there was a
package for the PC that could do Ray Tracing, he also said
that you sometimes get these packages on the front of
magazines.  I bought the magazines for ages but never saw
POV mentioned.  The magazine disappeared from the shops so I
didn't bother any more.

Then years later I got a new PC and an internet account, I
did a quick search somewhere for shareware and POV, and
BINGO there was a whole site dedicated to it.  The rest is
"time spent ray tracing while real life, family, friends and
my career all go to rack and ruin".

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps