POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm : Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 27 Oct 1999 05:53:36
Message: <3816cba0@news.povray.org>
This is one of the big problems of the graphical user interfaces (which
have no command line support). If you want a new feature, it has to be
programmed at core level thus increasing the size of the executables. Even
then it's not a perfect solution because you can only make that think but
not another thing which is similar but still different.
  I don't think that it's possible to hard-code every possible feature which
is possible with command.com (not to speak of 4dos!) to windows explorer or
any other graphical program. There is always a borderline where you just have
to type a command or a script to do what you want because that specific
feature is not implemented in the graphical UI.
  We can see this in moray. Hundreds of plugins have been made to it, but
still you can't make everything with it. If someone implements a scripting
language plugin for moray it will make moray a billion times more powerful
than the current version.
  The funny thing is that this kind of scripting language plugin shouldn't
be very hard to do...