POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm : Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm
From: Peter Santo
Date: 27 Oct 1999 07:03:43
Message: <3816DC12.3908C3FF@exaweb.de>
>   Take into account that cmpeg doesn't take the frames in order. You would
> have to create as many frames as cmpeg needs for the next frame before
> you can call it.

Yep, I mentioned that in previous postings:
>>Every time an I-frame is generated, compress the last I-to-I sequence
>>..store a few uncompressed images (e.g. 10 if you use IBBPBBPBBI)

This is a drawback, but I had 1000+ frame animations in mind.

>   And you definitely can't make povray to create the frames in the order
> cmpeg needs them (ie. by making the clock to jump back and forth) because
> that will surely break some scenes (this happens when the result of the
> previous frame is written to disk and then read in the next frame).

You're right. For fully parametrified (hmm, what's the correct word in
English?) animations that have a clock going from 0 to 1, it could work,
but I don't think I would try that.

/PETER/

--
Peter Santo (PUMP development)