POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm : Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm
From: omniVERSE
Date: 26 Oct 1999 21:00:22
Message: <38164ea6@news.povray.org>
Okay, I have the answer now, sloppy as it is.  Yet it does the job okay.
Do the previously mentioned Explorer right-click addition and point to a
batch file instead which can then do each of the searches and append to a
text file.
If the batch file is named  Povfiles.bat  then you would just use
C:\Command.com /c C:\Povfiles.bat  as the action to perform.
The batch itself is simply like:

@echo off
dir /s /b *.pov > povfiles.txt
dir /s /b *.inc >> povfiles.txt

Note the appending after first creation so as not to overwrite (although I
suppose overwriting from first use could be okay.
I've done this and found it fine for listing contents of one parent folder
and it's subfolders or doing the entire drive.
In the other message I stated how to do this and here it is again (edited):

You can make your own Print POV-list to File for use in Explorer.
All you need do is Run Explorer, go into View/Folder Options and then File
Types tab.  There scroll to Folder, selecting it, and choose Edit.  Next
choose New at
bottom there and put a description of the action at top field (like List POV
Files, etc.).  In the lower
field put  C:\Command.com /c C:\Povfiles.bat > Povfiles.txt  for example to
get a list of
files within a folder or drive, which you can right-click on and choose this
new action from (it shows up there after you close up that setup).
Simple, huh...?  Basically you could have several methods to choose from if
you wanted to make additional Right-Click options available.
I know, it's still using DOS not pure Windows.  I tried more with the
"Find..." file which can be saved but it's a formatted mess.

Bob