POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm : Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 26 Oct 1999 10:00:23
Message: <3815b3f7@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
:  Is there any way, within windows, to redirect the results to a .txt file
: for future reference ?

  I think you have to use a dos command for that.
  I don't remember if command.com supports multiple file names after the
dir command, but at least 4dos does. Ie. you would do it this way:

dir *.pov *.inc *.mcr /s > result.txt

in the root directory of the drive you want to examine.
  Moreover, you can tell to the dir-command of 4dos to print only the
statistics of the search (if you don't care about the location of the
files). I don't remember which commmand line switch made that, but it should
be easy to find by typing "dir" and pressing F1.
  I don't know if there's an easy way to tell to 4dos to search in all the
drives, but it certainly is possible some way (although it may be easier
to just type that command in each drive).

  Of course this requires you to get 4dos... :)