POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm : Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov -> mpeg without tga/bmp/ppm
From: omniVERSE
Date: 26 Oct 1999 09:38:26
Message: <3815aed2@news.povray.org>
Yes, there is, as a matter of fact.
You can make your own Print Directory to File for use in Explorer anyway.
All you need do is Run Explorer, go into View/Folder Options and then File
Types tab.  There scroll to Folder and choose Edit.  Next choose New at
bottom there and put a description of the action at top field.  In the lower
field put C:\Command.com /c dir > dir.txt  for example to get a list of
files within a folder which you can right-click on and choose Print
Directory to File from (it shows up there after you close up that setup).
Nothing much to it really.
So, say you want all those particular files on entire drive...
Name it  List all Pov Files  maybe and use  dir /s *.pov *.inc  for example,
when after setup you right-click on a drive in Explorer you'd choose that
item and you'll get a complete list in the text file.
Make sense?
But now that I've told all this there's a problem so ignore some of what I
just said.  Specific file types can't be looked for this way apparently,
don't know why, so only whole directories and subdirectory lists are
possible.
The next best thing might be to make a batch file (yes, DOS) having the
line: c:\command.com /c dir /s /b *.pov > povfiles.txt  within it.
But then it's still only able to do one type at a time, unless someone knows
differently (wouldn't be the first time).  Anyway, means you'd need a few of
these to get all listed.
The Find feature in Windows can Save Results if you have it set to do so in
Options, then you just use File/Save Search after doing one.  This might be
the most easy to do, but then I see no way to print or otherwise make a text
file out of it.  You can copy the icon (it goes onto Desktop) and paste it
into a Wordpad *.Doc file but that's all I know, it doesn't appear as
readable text and just stays clickable then reopens the Find utility again.

Bob