POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SMP support for povray??? : Re: SMP support for povray??? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SMP support for povray???
From: Wim Rosseel
Date: 21 Oct 1999 07:59:17
Message: <380F0067.32542346@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Wim Rosseel wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've my dual celeron machine humming nicely for just over a week now
> > and have gotten to testing povray a little.
> > Much to my suprise povray does not support multithreading, in other
> > words it is no able to take advantage of the 2 cpu I have.
> >
> > Are there ways for making povray work in smp (under Linux or Beos,
> > whatever) or is it just not possible.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Wim
> >

> Hi Wim!
>
> One possible solution is PVMPOV. Have a look at
>
> http://www.luga.de/~flierl/pvmpov/
>
> Marc
>
> --
> Marc Schimmler

Thanx,

Looks very interesting.

Regards,

Wim

ir. Wim Rosseel                         (direct) tel: +32-16-32 18 12
                                                 fax: +32-16-32 18 13
K.U.Leuven - ESAT / ACCA             (secretary) tel: +32-16-32 10 50
Kard. Mercierlaan 94                             fax: +32-16-32 19 86
B-3001 Heverlee                email: Wim### [at] esatkuleuvenacbe
Belgium            URL: http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/acca/acca.html
							- Kulawiec
  "Using yesterday's software to create tomorrow's problems today"