POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: Illusion.inc released : Re: Announce: Illusion.inc released Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Illusion.inc released
From: Ken
Date: 19 Oct 1999 17:56:51
Message: <380CE8AD.E4E9E6D3@pacbell.net>
"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> >You should know I did not single you out this
> >way. I discriminate against everybody's web
> >sites equally in regards to bypassing their
> >main page and going straight to the goodies
> >page.
>
> I wouldn't that the main page was skipped if
> it wasn't because that also skips the menu bar
> which is the core of my website.

  You see here you have the illusion that I care about your menu bar
or even the rest of the contents of your page. When I am linking to
a resource I want to find that resource as quickly as possible without
having to navigate through a bunch of different sections on your site
to find it. Sometimes these resources are buried 5 pages deep and you
have to download all of the text and graphics for each page that is
buffering you from finding the linked resource. On a slow connection
this can take as long as 4 min. for the link and description to the
page you need to load.
  This is why I often do the "legwork" for everyone by finding out
where on a website the resource is and link directly to it. I know
everyone puts in a lot of hard work on their web sites and they want
people top see their handiwork. I don't deny the need for your
gratification in that regard but I also hate spending 10 min.
navigating a site to find a 2k pov file.
 I am not saying that there is anything wrong about the content of
your site or that there may even be more pages of interest to your
visitors. That is not the issue here. The issue is getting the
tools needed to get on with raytracing and to do it in a timely
manner. Again I am not singling you out this way since I do it
to almost every page I visit that has something worth linking
to.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: