POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My kingdom for a horse.... : Re: My kingdom for a horse.... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My kingdom for a horse....
From: Ken
Date: 18 Oct 1999 17:41:39
Message: <380B939F.8E8E25D@pacbell.net>
David & Flissy wrote:

> I am trying to find a model of a horse (either povray or
> convertable to povray) to put the finishing touches on a
> landscape animation (if the horse is animated, that's a
> definite plus).
>
> I have tried ftp and web searches and the closest I got was
> a couple of horse heads (shades of the Godfather) in the
> avalon ftp.
>
> Can anybody out there point me in the right direction????
> Please????
>
> David 8-)

Just how desparate are you :)

I have a horse model in .3ds format. It is made up of many parts so might
even be posable to a certain extent. The zip file is about 250k and the
actual .3ds file is nearly 500k in size. You can convert the file to .pov
files using 3DWin which will help you to keep the peices seperate instead
on one big mesh.

Let me know and I will email it to you.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: