POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Fading objects in an animation. : Re: Fading objects in an animation. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fading objects in an animation.
From: Josh English
Date: 18 Oct 1999 16:23:32
Message: <380B81BE.4F3222B6@spiritone.com>
Declare two textures, the texture you want the thing to have, then a
perfectly clear texture:

#declare basetexture = texture {pigment {radial frequency 8}
finish{specular 1}}
#declare cleartexture = texture { pigment { rgbt 1 } }
#declare anim_clock = xxx; // 0 to 1
sphere { 0.0, 1
         texture { average
                   texture_map { [(1- anim_clock) basetexture ]
                                 [(anim_clock) cleartexture ] } } }

as anim_clock goes from 0 to 1, the object will fade.

--

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom