POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : torus "bug"? : Re: torus "bug"? Server Time
4 Jul 2024 11:05:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: torus "bug"?
From: Larry Fontaine
Date: 17 Oct 1999 22:53:49
Message: <380A8BEF.8D9C682E@isd.net>
This problem first came up when modelling my TI-89. At the top-front-left and
top-front-right corners.
Consider this: say you want a rounded prism of a rounded rectangle; ie, a roundbox of
sorts except that the x-parallel, y-parallel, and z-parallel edges are rounded by
different amounts, and we want all rounding to be cylindrical. Let's say the x and z
parallel edges are rounded by 1, and the y parallel edges are rounded by 1.5. At the
corners, rather than spheres, you would need torii. Specifically, torii of major
radius
(1.5-1) and minor radius of 1, ie major < minor. This is what advantage there is, what
had hoped to achieve, and why I am bucking the system.

Your other sock is stuck to the top inside the drier. You must not have seen it.

There is both skim and 1% in the refridgerator.