POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPovRay ... a Java port : JPovRay ... a Java port Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  JPovRay ... a Java port
From: Case
Date: 12 Oct 1999 04:26:22
Message: <3802F14C.C599417A@sh.cvut.cz>
Hello everybody,

I (any my friends) want port PovRay source code to Java platform (pure
Java withi JINI).

This is primary goal, for building our modeler for PovRay.

but I've some general question:

- Are there any restrictions for original source code ?
  (Of course, JPovRay will be free as PovRay)

- Can JPovRay be little differend from PovRay ?
  (Basic will cover PovRay, but extension like new features no    found
in PovRay,plugins,extendend modularity,etc.)

- Is there any web URL for PovRay programmers ? (where is bugfixes,
  new ideas,etc)

Thanks,
 Pavel