POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloud and/or Weather System : Cloud and/or Weather System Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Cloud and/or Weather System
From: Philip Bartol
Date: 11 Oct 1999 19:04:22
Message: <38026cf6@news.povray.org>
The first thing that came to mind a while back when I looked at some of the
demo stuff of Chris Colefax's Galaxy generator is, why hasn't he made some
sort of cloud and/or weather include? <GRIN>

I've been meaning to ask this for quite a while... this actually is a kinda
nudge to Chris to consider this since he's just about the king of macros, but
also to drop the idea of a whole weather system....

I'm thinking along the lines of maybe including the "time of day" macro for
positioning the sun as well as the option to alter the information for
non-earth planets... Cloud techniques (including the very cool version of
"stsky.pov" and "media" clouds), maybe even the added "lighting" items...

Anyone have any thoughts on this... I'd undertake this if I knew more, but
before someone pointed out stsky.pov I was using the stock S_Cloud1 Sky_Sphere
from "clouds.inc"...

I'm going to have to work with some of these elements as is... my Lighthouse
Project (if I ever get back on track with it) will require some of these
things for some of the scenes I'm planning on....