POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3dnoise: help me understand. : Re: 3dnoise: help me understand. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dnoise: help me understand.
From: Buckaroo Bill
Date: 5 Oct 1999 18:13:54
Message: <37fa7822@news.povray.org>
I am probably the wrong person to answer this, since I don't understand the
question.  But I just figured out something about noise3d that maybe you
already know but if not.. maybe it will help, it might even be correct.

noise3d<x,y,z>  gives one iteration of noise acros each face.
noise3d<x*3, y*3, z*3> gives three.
noise3d<x*3, y*3, z*3> *0.5 gives half the depth,
noise3d<x*3, y*3, z*3> *5.0 gives five times the depth

At least that is what it seems like. See "Noise3d" in p.b.i.