POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oficina '99 : Re: Oficina '99 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:08:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oficina '99
From: Jerome Waters
Date: 5 Oct 1999 17:40:02
Message: <37fa7032@news.povray.org>
Alan Kong <ako### [at] pacbellNO-SPAMnet> wrote:
: but they don't devote any print space to freeware
: ray tracers :(

Actually, CGW is what got me into 3D art.  About a year ago a subscription
of CGW was floating around our office.  I started flipping through it
looking at the images wishing I had a few thousand dollars so I could
afford the software and hardware to do such art.  At the time my only
knowledge of the area was from tv coverage of companies like ILM.

But in that particular issue of CGW there was mention of POV-Ray, that the
software was free, and with the URL.  So I ventured over in disbelief
thinking it was some gimic to sell a $10,000 software package.  Downloaded
POV-Ray.  Played around with it a bit.  And I've been hooked on 3D art ever
since.

- Jerome