POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oficina '99 : History: was Re: Oficina '99 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:11:12 EDT (-0400)
  History: was Re: Oficina '99
From: Buckaroo Bill
Date: 5 Oct 1999 08:10:39
Message: <37f9eabf@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote
>  I would never have found POV-Ray had someone not posted a raytraced
> image on a local BBS a few years ago. I got curious about the image and
> finaly found the software that produced it. The rest is history :)

So it all started with a search for links? Hmmm...

I found POV by looking for animation tools. I was doing animated GIFs by
hand (making money at it too! Short term career that was though) when I
found a demo of some commercial program. By doing a search for the terms I
found in the help file (Ray Tracing, CSG, rendering) I found the link to
povray.org.

    The rest is mystory.