POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cartoon : Re: cartoon Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cartoon
From: Buckaroo Bill
Date: 2 Oct 1999 14:08:35
Message: <37f64a23@news.povray.org>
I did some good stuff by using max_trace_level of 1 and unioning each shape
with a slightly larger one. Then I used a high ambient on some simple
textures, and a large area light. This gave me black lines around the
shapes, flat surfaces with wide highlights, and indistinct shadows. Maybe I
will dig some out and post it in p.b.i, but right when I was working on it
someone posted a reverse watercolor image using a similar method that made
my stuff look like children's work and so I sort of gave up on it...8-(