POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: Search Engine Online : Re: Announce: Search Engine Online Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Search Engine Online
From: ingo
Date: 30 Sep 1999 13:00:41
Message: <37f39739@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> schreef in berichtnieuws
37F38E42.975A1F38@pacbell.net...
>.....You could do like Peter Popov and store
> the entire contents of the server localy :)

Actually I've been thinking of doing that. But a few things kept me from doing
so:
Disk space.
What does it mean for the newsserver when somebody starts downloading every
thing on it for a few hours.
How to covert the OE5 files to something readable and maintain the structure
of the threads.
A good local search engine. I tried AltaVista Discovery, but had some troubles
with it.
An OT-filter :)

Ingo