POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Database For POV-Ray Users... : Re: Database For POV-Ray Users... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:11:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Database For POV-Ray Users...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Sep 1999 23:52:51
Message: <37ec4713@news.povray.org>
With Lat/Lon provided you really need nothing else of the more refined
place names/numbers anyhow.  Country, State or Province (whatever the
major subcategory is), nearest town or city should be adequate then.
Duplicate town names might exist within a certain region but with Lat
and Lon it's clear as to where each is. County and district type thing
has been suggested but it's a matter of common person to person
description whereas the numerical things are more of a computer input
I guess you could say.
Concentration on the web page which people might have, email
addresses, and a biography (birthdate/birthplace/family/job/hobbies)
seems a priority after Lat/Lon and place names as has been said.
Using non-direct emails doesn't sound too good.  If you can click on a
email link on anyones web page then why not also there too.
Can you manage a web page having editable entries which then get
posted up as they change? Not sure if that means having a cgi or java
to be able to do that if so.
Well, you asked to keep talking  ; )

Bob