POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : tools for creating image maps ? : Re: tools for creating image maps ? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tools for creating image maps ?
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 22 Sep 1999 22:49:19
Message: <37e9952f@news.povray.org>
What is "PhotoPaint", or rather who makes it?

Re price gap: when I was evaluating packages, I had a specific set of tasks
to accomplish.  One was removing glare from a scanned photo.  Nothing else
could touch Photoshop, as PSP didn't have variable density selections.  That
is, a pixel can be partially selected, and it made short work of doing a
gradiated adjustment.  Now I'm hooked on layers.  I'm sure PSP and others
have evolved too, but at the time Photoshop was =far= ahead.