POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any way to avoid repeated parsing? : Re: Any way to avoid repeated parsing? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to avoid repeated parsing?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Sep 1999 14:34:07
Message: <37e9211f@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:39:19 +0200, Tomas Plachetka wrote:
>Your last remark confused me. What do you mean by
>merging 3.1 sources into the superpatch? As far as I
>know, the superpatch is based on 3.1, not on 3.02. Or
>am I wrong?

It was originally based on 3.02, as were most of the patches included
in it when I first released it.  The first released version was "based
on" 3.1, meaning I had at that point merged 3.1 in and it could be used
as a basis for further patching.

>Then - if the superpatch is really based on 3.02 -
>wouldn't it really be easier for POV-Team (or whoever)
>to merge yet another 3.02 patch into the superpatch?

I maintain the superpatch; it's an unofficial version that has nothing
to do with the POV-Team, other than that they're rumored to be looking
at it as an aid to making the official version 3.5.   The version they
have is based on 3.1, as are all publicly released versions.