POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Database For POV-Ray Users... : Re: Database For POV-Ray Users... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Database For POV-Ray Users...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Sep 1999 20:46:15
Message: <37e583d7@news.povray.org>
Well, it's very American to make fun of odd little words like "pud"
(though I somehow don't think we have a monopoly on that affliction. A
potato is a spud, and pud might sound like mud, how's that for a
start?  Actually I wasn't trying to mean PUD wouldn't be fine, but see
what happens?  Anyhow, I like Tony's suggestion to just spell it out
but DFPU is interesting because it seems like Double Floating Point
Unit (whatever).
For personal info guess it should be two fold, actual personal info
and also things relating to POV-Ray.
I have a list of IMP (www.imp.org) members and more on the way so
that's one thing to consider. How about Photo ID type of thing. Sort
of a passports to POV?

Bob