POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bug in "frequency" keyword? : bug in "frequency" keyword? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  bug in "frequency" keyword?
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 16 Sep 1999 23:13:30
Message: <37e1b1da@news.povray.org>
The texture

    texture {
       pigment {
          gradient x
          color_map {
             [0  Gray35]
             [1  Gray40]
             }
    //    scale 0.30
          frequency 1/0.30
          }
       }  // end of base texture

is supposed to produce a repeating gradient every 30 centiunits.  However,
there are also lines visible at the position of the original un-modified
gradient.  It's as if both the 0->1 gradient and the 0->0.3 gradient are
layered.

If I use a scale instead of frequency, I get the desired effect.
The docs say that the effects should be identical.

What's up?

--John