POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : What is a "binary utility" ? : Re: What is a "binary utility" ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a "binary utility" ?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Sep 1999 01:10:47
Message: <37e07bd7@news.povray.org>
You know, this makes me think the confusion might be the "scene" part
of the names for those two file groups p.b.s-f and p.t.s-f.  A scene
is usually thought of as a Pov file, not even a Inc (certainly not any
Ini : ) files).  Stop me if I'm being rhetorical... too late.  A
"binary" ought to mean only that, end product being pre-coded. And
"text" is extremely obvious to me anyhow.
Far as utilities go, 'macro' or no, I'd say use the binary/text
decision process.  I'd certainly expect to find those macros in either
place depending on that criteria.

Bob

Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> Alan Kong wrote:
>
> >   If macros and include files are compared with both third-party
executable
> > programs and POV-Ray scene files, they are more clearly associated
with the
> > scene files. This is the criteria on which I based my opinions.
And it is