POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Infinity in a box : Infinity in a box Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Infinity in a box
From: Philip Bartol
Date: 15 Sep 1999 08:51:15
Message: <37df9643@news.povray.org>
Sometime in the last week someone brought up the "infinity in a box" thing
again, they did it with a clear box with a reflection of 1.

The first person to try this claimed they had a problem with it disapearing to
black, but my problem has gone the other way, I get about 1 1/2 reflections
(all of which are faded) and then it fades to white.

I tried removing all of the light sources and setting the ambients higher,
etc. I even moved the camera into the box, I get a better image, but it still
seems to be a bit bright.

Changing the base color (of the transmit 1 pigment) of the box, but that
doesn't seem to effect it....

This is a diversion I really don't need, but now that I'm on it I'd like to
see it through <GRIN>

Any help would be great....

Thanks....

PHIL