POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UPD: the world of pov-ray users : Re: UPD: the world of pov-ray users Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UPD: the world of pov-ray users
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Sep 1999 17:29:12
Message: <37debe28@news.povray.org>
I've been doing some thinking (only thinking) about changing the
markers, however country-based colors was not one of the thoughts, so
thanks for suggesting it whether I do that or not.
Only real problem comes from making them very obvious, since red is
not present in the image_map that seems the most clearly visible from
what I've found.  One of the things I was going to do though is
increase the sizes for the overall world ones (in the zoom views they
are scaled down btw) because there's a few that are pretty obscure
since they are near edges of the planet.  Jpeg further reduces their
visibility.  Which is the problem basically, primary colors dissolve a
lot, and green blue or yellow would blend into the colors already
there leaving magenta as a possibility but think I tried that too long
ago and it blends in at certain places too.  White or black alone (or
any plain color dot) can also be difficult to see right if in a
certain place.  Another problem is the media atmosphere since it gets
hazy toward edges.
I might try to go back to little spotlights shone upon each position
but that tends to mean lowering the brightness of the rest of it.
Anyway, I'll be thinking some more and trying a few things out.  Also
that country idea.

Bob

news:1dy### [at] dialup146leuvenskynetbe...