POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animation tracks for armour vehicul : Re: animation tracks for armour vehicul Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation tracks for armour vehicul
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Sep 1999 10:29:28
Message: <37dd0a48@news.povray.org>
You should have said to see it over at p.b.i., David   ; )
What's needed is a spline curve to place the individual tractor treads
on.  Colefax's Spline Generator should do well for such a thing.  Just
position some key points at the wheels (may need a few points each to
get the proper bend and straightening) and a couple perhaps for the
sag at upper part.
I've always wanted to do one of these myself so maybe I'll give it a
go and if you can't get it right yourself I could post the script
later, but may be a long wait.

Bob