POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLAB (latest?) news : Re: POVLAB (latest?) news Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVLAB (latest?) news
From: newsadmin
Date: 10 Sep 1999 08:25:48
Message: <37daf850.6240781@news.povray.org>
newsadmin@[remove]povray.org (POV-Ray Newsadmin) wrote:

>>It  seems that the POV-Ray site is no more updated, POVLAB's links has been
>>removed,  I  didn't  see  a really good pictures since a long time, and all
>>wishes  I  put  when I made it freeware and release the source code doesn't
>>change anything at all. NO EVOLUTION !
>
>I removed the link because you said you didn't want it there anymore (you
>wanted the mailing list button instead).
>
>I'd be happy to put it back if you like. I'm also willing to host povlab.org
>for you on the povray.org machine if you would find that convenient. I find
>povlab.org to be very slow and this probably doesn't help.
>
>As for the POV site not being updated, Real Life (TM) is intervening right now.
>
>It will happen. These things just take time.
>
>-- Chris C

FWIW, in addition to the above message, I personally emailed Denis with a
promise of help. I told him I would immediately restore the povlab button on
povray.org if he wanted me to. I told him I would also host povlab.org on the
povray.org machine for free and give him an account that very day if he wanted
it.

That was well over a week ago. I didn't even get a response to my email.

Denis doesn't appear to want POVLAB to continue. (At least, if he does, he's
not saying so).

-- Chris C