POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Matrices : Re: Matrices Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrices
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Sep 1999 11:12:09
Message: <37d67cc9@news.povray.org>
I agree wholeheartedly.  Take for instance my recent light bulb
making.  I tried to use the fine lathe/sor editing program Spiliner
yet ended up continuing to fix it up in POV-Ray after getting the
model made.  I've tried many modelers over the past several years and
I always end up with a draft getting done.  However there will always
be times when a modeling program can be very important since not
everything is easily handmade, some things not at all possible.  I can
at least say that I have one solitary sPatch modelled object (no Moray
or anything else) which helped me complete a much larger model, my
Seattle Space Needle.  The part is a curved and twisted section of the
tripod (hexpod, I like to call it) but the rest is straight sections.
Of course most everything else I've done doesn't seem to require
things I can't do in the POV-Ray editor anyway and that is probably
more a vice not a virtue, if you get what I mean.

Bob

Nieminen Juha <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote in message
> Tony Vigil <tvi### [at] emc-inccom> wrote:
> : Hmmm.  I didn't realize that would work in POV since it doesn't
work that
> : way in Moray.
>
>   That's one of the reasons why some people dislike modellers. They
are
> always limited.
>   For example, you can't make multiple transformations to the same
object,
> inverse objects, loops with mathematical functions, etc, etc.
>
> --

main(i,_){for(_?--i,main(i+2,"FhhQHFIJD|FQTITFN]zRFHhhTBFHhhTBFysdB"[i
]
Warp -*/