POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray goes to the movies : Re: POV-Ray goes to the movies Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray goes to the movies
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 7 Sep 1999 13:23:28
Message: <37d4b351.42823775@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 05 Sep 1999 00:28:14 -0400, Matt Giwer
<mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote:
[snip]
>Perhaps how close we are to the holy grail of not having to pay
>actors for movies.

We're quite a way IMO - at least if Jar Jar is anything to go by.

Oh - and I've ot scenes (parts of an animation) with little to no
reflectivity in them which take several minutes to parse on a 64MB or
96MB PC and have been known to fall to single-digit PPS speeds (true,
sadly).

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/