POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stains, rust, etc (newbie question) : Re: stains, rust, etc (newbie question) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stains, rust, etc (newbie question)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Sep 1999 22:11:59
Message: <37d4746f@news.povray.org>
Layered textures, to answer simply.  Take a look at the Doc covering
them, use that to overlay a partially rusty or oil film texture over
another. The first texture is base and all others usually contain
filtered or transmitted color with at least some clear parts and some
opaque parts for example.

Bob

Derek Zahn <der### [at] uswestnet> wrote in message
> Hello all!
>
> I decided the other day to actually try making an image (for IRTC)
with