POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Helix, spiral : Re: Helix, spiral Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Helix, spiral
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Sep 1999 18:13:10
Message: <37d047f6@news.povray.org>
Think Larry's son  : )  means a spiral texture lacking in a center or
continuation beyond a certain radius.  Try a 'wood' 'texture_map' with
a clear (or otherwise plain) pigment as both beginning and end
indecies, the 'spiral1 2'texture at index 0.25 and 0.75, for example.
 Far as the object itself goes perhaps torus slices, rotated and
translated. Well you did ask  ; )

Bob