POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lighting help - room edges, area lights, shadows : Re: lighting help - room edges, area lights, shadows Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lighting help - room edges, area lights, shadows
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 2 Sep 1999 17:09:17
Message: <37cee77d@news.povray.org>
Am am indeed using the SuperPatch!  Thanks for the tip.

... reading txt file ...

So, are the lights nominated by the light_group for a specific object the
only lights to contribute to the illumination of that object?

I suppose I can make a modeling light by excluding it from every other
object (looks rather intrusive, since I can't change the meaning of "all"
... maybe can change the defaults) and also making it have no_shadow for
that object.

I'll have to experiment with that feature, or find a better
description/tutorial somewhere.  Any pointers?

--John