POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is wrong with this? : Re: What is wrong with this? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is wrong with this?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 1 Sep 1999 13:23:57
Message: <37cd612d@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:19:45 -0700, Jerome M. BERGER wrote:
>It depends on the way sky_color is defined and on the way povray treats
>#declare... If sky_color is declared as a+b (no parethesis) and pov
>simply replaces (the way it works in c/c++)

It doesn't.  It computes the value of a+b at the time the #declare is
parsed and puts the result in the "variable."

I'd guess that it's something odd about the way division works with
vectors.  Try multiplying by .5 instead of dividing by 2.  If that
works, it's probably a bug that should be looked at.