POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oval Shape : Re: Oval Shape Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oval Shape
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 31 Aug 1999 13:40:30
Message: <37cc138e@news.povray.org>
An oval using the torus is not going to turn out right unless you use
Kens second method. Uneven scaling is one thing, procedural-type
scaling is another, of which POV-Ray is unable to do. Another
possibility is to string together spheres or blob components along a
spline path, just not as efficient.

Bob